To Do listMe · Websites
Speaking about the To Do list, there actually seems to be quite a lot on there at the moment. So as a note to myself and in no particular order I need to build:
- Finish off our EveryMetric.com marketing site. This was something a group of us formed to fill a particular hole in the market place. All the backend and the framework is in place, we have some more work to do on the extranet and I need to finish off our marketing site.
- Extranet for EveryMetric. This is quite a big job, probably taking a few months of evenings but I think that it might be worth it.
- DrunkOnPetrol.com. This is the pseudonym that I record under. I was going to build a site with downloads etc.. Probably take 2 weeks, and a good candidate for some light Django action.
- JeanetteMagnussen.com. My girlfriends site for her acting, I will probably base this around WordPress.com as I have done with others. 2 weeks maximum.
- timc3.com redesign. Doesn’t need much. 2 days.
- blog.timc3.com redesign. This needs some cleaning up. 4 days.
- norsk.timc3.com addition of features. Those I talked about in the earlier post. Shouldn’t take more than 5 days.
- Aldateateret.com design changes. This is my girlfriends theatre company, and I created the site in about 3 days and its based around WordPress so has almost a complete CMS and lots of nice features. I need to add the new logo which I have designed for them and update the graphics somewhat. Another 2 days.
A site that I am working on with Lars in the next few months. This shouldn’t take long but should be a nice little project but its still an unknown amount of time.
- Site for the London Olympics. Still might not bother, but I do have the domains.
- share.timc3.com > Where I put all my pictures. I am using this less and less and using flickr more and more, but its still nice to have somewhere to put up alot of rubbish. Either change it to a new system or implement a new style sheet (I accidently deleted the old one, then overwrote my backups!).
- RSS feed site. This is a small project that I have been thinking of building. 2 weeks. Say no more!
- Also been thinking about building a forum for Non-natives in Norway. Not sure of the need.
- Password application site. Another small project that I have done the docs for. 2-3 weeks.
- musictech.timc3.com. I haven’t updated this in months, so I should consider trashing it, or at least doing something nice with WordPress and spinning it out of blog.timc3.com
So thats probably enough on my plate, and my work at Vizrt comes first, so I might get those things done by the end of the year. Yeah Right.
I just counted, I have over 14 sites that I admin over at the moment. Thats crazy. I got fed up of that when I was doing this stuff full time, 16 hours a day. Modern CMSs, frameworks and blogging engines are the only way that this is possible but as EveryMetric has shown me properly designed frameworks take time to build.comments powered by Disqus