Don't use Facebook for company support forumsmoan
I see this with a couple of tools, but most recently the one that annoys me is framer the designing and prototyping tool. They have recently released a beta of framer.x which is a complete rebuild and allows designing and prototyping with React components (using TypeScript at the moment, but ES6 support is coming).
For some ridiculous reason they use Facebook as their support and community forum. A task that Facebook is hopeless for. Here are my main reasons:
- The feed becomes completely unorganised. I am getting un-ordered messages, most of which I am un-interested in.
- It’s hard to see who is who on Facebook, is it a company representative that is replying?
- How about if I am only interested in one aspect of the product, instead I have a feed of everyones comments. There is no split of content at all.
- It’s a Facebook property, and the limitations are imposed by facebook including the design and feel.
- It’s a socal media platform, yes I am being kind, and as such it looks unprofessional for a professional tool.
- It’s sandboxed inside Facebook.
There are other tools out there that are better suited to professional support of products.comments powered by Disqus